Calgary Consumer: Time-Saving Kitchen Tools
(NC)-When it comes to meal preparation, consider how much time just one family dinner takes. Between grocery shopping, cleaning and organizing ingredients, preparing the meal, serving the meal and cleaning up afterwards, one could easily spend an entire evening feeding the family. Add to this the stress of preparing multiple meals for extended family and friends around the holidays and you are looking at a solid week spent in the kitchen and away from your guests.
"While it is wonderful to have family and friends come together for the holidays, preparing interesting and delicious meals for guests can be stressful and often takes some of the fun out of the experience," says Joel Marks, director merchandise, Home Hardware Stores Limited.
To help you save time and eliminate stress, Rob offers the top five time-saving kitchen tools and solutions:
- Go big or go home. When it comes to entertaining larger groups it is helpful to have larger tools. Consider large baking sheets, mixing bowls and saucepans to allow you to multiply recipes seamlessly.
- Dishwasher to the rescue. The increased volume of dishware used around the holiday season can pile up quickly. As much as you possibly can, use dishwasher safe kitchen tools.
- Set it and forget it. Slow cookers, multi-cookers and multi-tiered oven toasters are excellent time savers because they require minimal effort on your part and allow you to spend more time with your guests.
- Proper peelers please. Investing in a proficient peeler will save you time, effort and unwanted hand cramps. A proper knife set can also greatly reduce your workload in the kitchen. Remember that there is a knife for every job and using the right one will help them last longer.
- Organizing made easy. Kitchen organizers such as spice racks, multi-tiered food storage shelves and knife blocks are the best and easiest way to take quick inventory of what you have as well as find what you need.
More information on time-saving kitchen tools is available online at www.homehardware.ca.
- News Canada