Calgary Stampede: Parking
Stampede dates: July 6-15, 2018
Click for annotated Google Map of these notes
Use mouse to drag/move map. Click on "+" or "-" to zoom in or out. "Satellite" shows photo, "Hybrid" combines map & photo.
First the bad news:
- For many years, there was lots of parking on the west side of MacLeod Trail... (now its condos or condo construction).
- Many people parked Downtown or in the East Villageon the empty lots and took the C-Train a few stops to the Stampede... no more (they're almost all construction sites for new office/condo towers).
- Street parking in the area between downtown and 17th Avenue is now largely limited to 2 hours, so that area businesses have street parking available for their clients.
- Parking to watch the fireworks on Scotchman's Hill, east of the Elbow River, is now highly restricted to protect access for residents and emergency vehicles.
Now the good news:
- The LRT has been extended significantly, reaching ever-further out into the suburbs. There's a lot of parking at the LRT stations, and it only costs $2.25 to take the train.
- Owners of homes and businesses in the area may allow parking on their open areas (paved, gravel, lawn, or other surface). Prices are highest closest to the Stampede grounds (typically $10-15 per day) and drop as you get further away.
- The Stampede is working on a major expansion between 14th Avenue and 12 Avenue SW (Casino, hotel, parkade, western heritage museum) and while the construction is already underway, open areas have been paved and provide parking for a few hundred cars.
- There are industrial areas south of the Stampede that may have off-street parking areas designated.
- The Repsil Centre (formerly know as "Talisman Centre", or Lindsay Park") just across MacLeod Trail from the Erlton-Stampede LRT Station typically has some Stampede Parking available
- The e Stampede Casino may have some parking designated for Stampede Visitors.
A pickup and drop off zone has been created on the east side of Spiller Road south of 25 Ave. SE for the convenience of guests visiting Stampede Park. It is less than a five minute walk from Spiller Road to the Stampede. Vehicles are not to be left unattended at any time.
The Calgary Stampede has public parking available for day use in the surface lots to the north of the park: lots 15, 18, 14 ,20, 10 and 11. Our premium front door parking at the Scotiabank Saddledome lot directly off 14 Ave. and 5 St.
Vehicles can be left overnight but must be removed by 8 AM. There is a cellphone waiting area located on 14 Ave. and 5 A St. for your convenience and we have a number of accessible parking stalls in lots 10, 20 and 8.