Calgary Immigrating to Canada: Working In Canada
Working in Canada
Foreign individuals who wish to work, study or visit Canada on a temporary basis are considered Visitors. Visitors must apply for and be granted Visitor Visas, unless they are citizens of visa-exempt countries (USA, Western Europe, British Commonwealth, for starters). Those wishing to work temporarily in Canada will also often require Employment Authorizations (and htose wishing to study temporarily will need a Student Authorization). NOTE: Visitors will be denied entry into Canada if, in the opinion of a Canadian immigration official at the border or airport:
- They do not intend to leave Canada at the expiry of their Visitor status
- They have a criminal record or pose a security risk
- They are not in good health
- They do not have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
To determine your suitability for landed immigrant status or a work permit, A questionaire is used. This test is used to determine a ranking of all applications, and evaluate their relative worthiness.
- Immigration Calculator
- Employment Calculator
- Career/Job points values
- Overview of rules & regulations for temporary worker's visa
Of course, in this era of fiscal responsibility, you will need to pay fees for each service you require. the intent is to make immigration a revenue-neutral service of the government (ie user-pay).