Calgary Inspect your future purchase
Inspect your future purchase:
- Look for over-painting (a sign that hidden damage has been repaired after the car left the factory). Use polarized sunglasses to inspect the paint-work for slight scratches.
- Use a larger ball-bearing to check the fit and finish on body panels
- Move the car from its display location to examine it in different light (indoor/outdoor or sunny/cloudy)
- Examine the engine and engine compartment: will the car will be easy and reasonable to work on. Where are oil, air and fuel filters, anti-freeze,and the distributor? Are the spark plug cables easily accessible?
- Check these items on the car you will actually drive off the lot
Other car buying tips