Calgary Desktop Publishing tips & links for pre-press preparation and printing
Ensure your files print correctly by preparing them properly before they go to the printer. Avoid common prepress problems with fonts, graphics, and file formats, by carefully planning your print projects to consider the ending desired output method.
- Beginning with the end(Chuck Green) 5 steps getting DTP files ready for commercial printing
- Don't Sabatage your Professional Printing (MacWorld) 10 mistakes to turn print jobs sour.
- Electronic Prepress (Thomson-Shore, Inc) PDF files on file preparation, using scans, digital bluelines, configuring Distiller
- Introduction to RIPping (Charles Poyton) raster image processing, preparation tips, and submitting PostScript files
- PM 6.5: From the Ground Up (Adobe Magazine) planning your document to insure proper image setter file output
- Preparing for Successful Print (Tom Arah) covers getting graphics, fonts, postscript ready for commercial printing
- Printing Tips for DTP People (Julian Foster) tips and suggestions
- Sending (complete) Files to Your Service Bureau
- Sending Fonts to Your Service Bureau
- Sending Graphics to Your Service Bureau for trouble-free PostScript graphics output