Calgary's Top Five Cowboy Bars
Here are our choices for top 5 country bars, with country music, cowboys and cowgirls.
- Ranchman's (9615 Macleod Tr. S, 403-253-1100)
Big like a barn, this is where the REAL cowboys hang out.
(During Stampede CPRA members get in free, or at least faster). Live bands.
Not to be confused withthe "Ranchmen's Club, the downtown hangout for "old fogeys".
- Stockyards Saloon (7400 Macleod Trail South,403-453-0500)Stockyards Saloon plays nothing but country from start to finish with great live bands on a nightly basis. Come and enjoy different drink specials every night and kick up your heels on our 1200 sqft dance floor! Located on MacLeod Trail, just north of Heritage Drive.
- Knoxville's Tavern (840 9 Ave SW, 587-576-5669) Popular with downtown crowd.
Large, yet intimate, and very noisy, especially during Stampede. Outdoor tent during Stampede.
- Cowboy's (1088 Olympic Way SE, 403-770-2200) Close to the Stampede Grounds, and is a cozy spot after hockey games and on weekends. Really close to Stampede Grounds & Saddledome, handy for drinks before and/or after. Live bands. Editor's Note: this has been TORN DOWN for railway underpass construction, Watch for updates.
Stampede-Only Events for 2015:
- Nashville North (Stampede Grounds, during Stampede) This venue is
HUGE, but only during the Stampede. It has virtually non-stop entertainment from
noon 'til night, with big name headline acts for 2 sets each evening. It's free
with grounds admission, but lineups are a pain. (more info)
- Ranchman's Downtown (Metropolitan Centre) 4th Ave across from Westin (403) 266-3876
Live entertainment and a 15,000 square foot indoor saloon.
- Wildhorse Saloon (6th Avenue & 4th Street SW, phone:TBA) 11:00 am- 2:00 am $15 At the Door $30 including lunch '
Live entertainment with 2 levels (in the former Pied Pickle building on 6th Ave) and a 15,000 square foot outdoor tent.
- The Roadhouse (840-9th Ave SW, 403-398-ROAD) 11:00 am- 3:00 am $10 At the Door
Live entertainment (the Prairie Dogs) and games during the day and a kickin' band (Shawn Del most evenings, Glass Tiger on the 9th) and DJ's from the early evening till the cows come home. With outdoor patio.
- Country Roads Saloon (Radisson Hotel (formerly The Crossroads), 2120 16th Avenue NE, 403-291-4666)
Mark Lauren & Wendy Donovan alternating shows from 4 pm.
Bars "gussied up" for Stampede :
- Whiskey Saloon (The Whiskey, 403-770-2323)
11:00 am- 3:00 am $10.00
- Lucky Liquor Lounge Corral (510-17th Ave SW, 403-229-4036 )
5:00 pm- 3:00 am $10.00 At the Door
- Palomino Social Club (The Palomino- 109-7th Ave. SW, 403-532-1911) 11:00 am- 3:00 am $10.00 Contact the Palomino
For a listing of who is playing at what bar/saloon, check out our special Stampede events calendar, the city's most complete guide to Stampede fun!
Events not held in 2015:There were events of various levels of entertainment and repute held in prior Stampede years, that are not being held this year.
- Golden Garter (Westin Hotel)
- Silver Slipper Saloon (Telus Convention Center)
- Cuff ' n' Billy Saloon
- Spurlesque at Quincies
- Five Star Saloon (Hotel 5)
- Silver Spur Saloon (Quality Hotel Calgary Airport)
- Raw Bar (Hotel Arts)
Send us your themed Top 5 list!
For other establishments in this community, please use the search options at the top-left of this page.
Check out our other listings of Top Five Coffee Shops and Top Five Restaurants